Information for New Members and Visitors being paid directly by IAS
Members being paid directly by IAS must have an appointment with the Comptroller’s Office to enroll in the monthly payroll. This includes health insurance and childcare subsidy payments. For the current 2022 academic year, appointments will be held via Zoom. Appointments are available Monday through Wednesday and should be scheduled using the Appointment Plus scheduler (https://www.ias.edu/appointments ). The deadline to enroll in payroll is 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 22nd. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Payroll forms will be distributed prior to your appointment via Adobe Sign.
- Bank Account Information for Direct Deposit
- If you would like your monthly IAS payment directly deposited into a bank account, you may use an existing U.S. account, or open one locally. Members will provide their bank information to the Comptroller’s Office via AdobeSign, accompanied by either a blank voided check or something official from the bank indicating the routing and account numbers. ***We cannot accept U.S. bank account and routing numbers in a handwritten note, or by quoting it in an email. You must provide something “official” from your bank, such as a blank voided check, a bank statement showing your bank information, or a “direct deposit” form provided by your bank.
- If you need to open an account, many members choose PNC Bank, located at 76 Nassau Street and Palmer Square in Princeton. This branch has a relationship with IAS, is familiar with IAS Members, and offers free checking for direct deposit accounts. Though you are welcome to stop by at any time during regular business hours, IAS members will have the best banking experience by first contacting Nadya Peudova to schedule an appointment. Nadya can either be reached by email (preferable), email@example.com , or by telephone at 609-497-6721. The IAS shuttle makes stops at this location daily. If you do not yet have a Social Security Number, you may still open an account with PNC Bank; you will be required to provide that number to the them once you receive it
- Tax Forms – The appropriate tax form will be sent to you prior to your appointment using Adobe Sign. Members completing a W-4 should make every effort to complete this form prior to their Zoom appointment. Questions about the form can be addressed during your appointment.
- Receipts for Travel Reimbursement –Your school’s membership award letter will indicate if you are receiving reimbursement for expenses related to your travel to IAS, as well as the amount allotted. If there is no mention of reimbursement in your letter, you are not eligible. If you drove your personal vehicle, mileage will be reimbursed at the current government approved rate. If providing documentation electronically, please email the receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org If submitting documentation in hard copy, receipts should be taped to 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper and returned to the Comptroller’s Office via interoffice mail, or may be left in the Drop Box outside the ECP building. Member's name and IAS school affiliation should be clearly indicated on any paperwork submitted.
- The Comptroller’s Office is located in the ECP Building, at the south end of Olden Lane (#12, letter “q” on the IAS campus map attached below). ECP also houses Crossroads Nursery School and the fitness center. The ECP Drop Box can be found on the wall directly to the right of the entrance door.
Payroll Enrollment Deadline (Academic Year 2021-2022)
- Term I - 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Term II - 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Additional Payroll Information
- Members are paid on the last business day of the month. If you arrive in September, your first pay will be September 30th, provided you meet with our office by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 22nd.
- If you arrive in January, your first pay will be January 31st, provided you meet with our office by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 25th.
- If Direct Deposit Form has been completed, the funds will be available in your bank account on the pay date (last working date of the month).
- Deductions - Your monthly IAS charges will be deducted from your check. These may include the following:
- Rent (if living on the IAS campus)
- Term I - If you arrive in September, September and October rent will be deducted from your September check. Going forward, rent will be deducted a month in advance, i.e., November rent will be deducted from your October pay, etc. Should you arrive in a later month, rent for that and the following month will be deducted.
- Term II - If you arrive in January, January and February rent will be deducted from your January check. Going forward, rent will be deducted a month in advance, i.e., March rent will be deducted from your February pay, etc.
- Rent for the arrival and departure months (if not here for the entire month) will be prorated. Please refer to Use and Occupancy Agreement for proration method.
- Health and Dental Insurance - cost of insurance is deducted if enrolled in an IAS health or dental insurance plan
- Misc. A/R
- This may include dining hall charges, telephone service, postage, laundry card, pet registration, firewood, or any other item charged to your IAS I.D. card. A separate statement will be included with your paystub, detailing the charges.
- Rent (if living on the IAS campus)
Updated July 2021