Math System Administrator
Facilities Operations Assistant
JOB TITLE: Facilities Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Facilities Operations Manager
Reporting to the Facilities Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the Institute’s overall Facilities operations. Responsibilities include processing maintenance requests, working with the Events team to ensure appropriate involvement and support from Facilities, budget administration, and organizing and maintaining files for licenses and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the Facilities Operations Assistant will be required to serve as the backup to the Facilities Housing Coordinator on an as needed basis. All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Facilities Operations Manager.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide broad administrative support to the Institute’s overall Facilities operations
- Process maintenance requests received through the Facility Management System for the campus, to include all housing and Marquand House. Dispatch facilities personnel, per priorities established by the supervisor, throughout the campus, member housing and off-site housing for various jobs.
- Work with the Events team to plan upcoming events requiring Facilities involvement. Maintain calendar of upcoming maintenance responsibilities, including weekly calendar of all workshops, lectures and seminars, dinners and conferences. Outline responsibilities on all work orders and distribute the request to the proper maintenance department in a timely manner.
- Notify the Public Safety Office of events occurring on campus.
- Assist in the development and administration of the Facilities operational and capital budgets, including budget planning, monitoring, and reviews. Prepare reports as required.
- Review and process incoming invoices and payments. Provide proper account for timely processing and budget reconciliation.
- Compose, type, and proof correspondence for the Manager and the Chief Facilities Officer.
- Organize and maintain files for licenses and regulatory requirements and insure that all reports are prepared in a timely manner. Process and schedule the following: Alarm registrations, liquor license, farmland assessment, elevator registrations, food handler license, Green Acres requirements, rental inspections, backflow preventer testing, state housing inspections, water meter reports for DEP, Census Bureau reports, and municipal fire inspections.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide assistance and backup in the absence of the Facilities Housing Coordinator
- Process housing assignments for long term members and short term visitors in IAS Members' Housing, Short Term Academic Housing, hotels and the Marquand House.
- Maintain housing information in the database.
- Process short-term visitor daily arrival reports for Housing, Reception, Visa and Visitor Services, Accounting and Dining Services.
- Process arrival and departure spreadsheets for long term members.
- Coordinate apartment renovation schedules and relocate members in the construction zones.
- Update and maintain housing web page.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong office and software experience.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Previous administrative experience strongly preferred
- Strong Word and Excel software skills are required. Dropbox and P3 software skills preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communications and editing skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program. Interested candidates please apply to the position at: ias.synchr-recruit.com/job/43428/facilities-operations-assistant
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.