The Institute for Advanced Study will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for on-campus access
The Institute will require trustees, faculty, staff, members, and all visitors to provide proof of having completed a COVID-19 vaccination before gaining on-campus access to offices, libraries, seminars, meetings, meals and other resources.
The required proof will show that individuals have completed an U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccination, including those authorized for emergency use, no later than September 5, 2021 in order for on-campus access by the start of the fall term on September 20, 2021.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious belief. Information on the Accommodation Policy for On-Campus Access and related forms can be found here.
By August 16, 2021, all faculty, staff, and members are to provide:
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination
- A statement that they are not yet completely vaccinated but intend to be by September 20
- Application for a medical or religious accommodation, or
- A statement that they will not be vaccinated or seek accommodation and thereby fall outside the policy for on-campus access.
Trustees, adult visitors, collaborators, conference attendees, and on-campus seminar attendees will need to provide the same proof of having completed a COVID-19 vaccination in order to enter the IAS campus. Individuals who do not provide proof can inquire as to hybrid/virtual participation in future activities. This information will be updated on September 7, 2021.
We are an inclusive and respectful community. Therefore, please be respectful of individuals who, even if vaccinated, choose to continue wearing face coverings.
Daily Health Screening
The Health Screening Form must be submitted EVERY DAY before you come to campus.
Submit the form between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m., each day you plan to come to campus, including weekends, even if you plan to arrive later in the day. It must be approved by the Covid-19 Response Team before you are allowed on campus.
During the interim period between now and September 20, 2021, once on campus, please remember to
- Wear face coverings in public spaces indoors if not fully vaccinated.
- Respect social distancing protocols.
- Carry your IAS ID card at all times.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well, or if you suspect you have been exposed to the virus.
For more in-depth information about working at IAS and the services available during the partial reopening, please consult the IAS Return-to-Campus guides.
If you have a special circumstance, please reach out to the Covid-19 Response Team at email@example.com.