As of September 8, the Institute campus has partially reopened. Faculty and Members, along with a limited number of essential staff, may access and work in their offices. Those individuals requesting access to campus must be coming from locations that are not on the list of states or territories for which the state of N.J. requires a 14-day self-isolation period, or have already completed the required 14-day quarantine. In addition, everyone coming to campus must complete the Health Screening Form each day before coming to campus and must be approved by the IAS Covid-19 Response Team.
Under the state mandate from Governor Phil Murphy, New Jersey remains in Stage 2 for all businesses and offices, including the IAS Campus. During this partial reopening, we envisage limiting staff in offices to reduce the density on campus, and that most of our staff will continue to work remotely. To help ensure the safety of our community, we ask that you continue to:
- Wear masks or face coverings. Under executive order, masks are required in all indoor spaces in New Jersey and outdoors when social distancing isn't possible. Please wear them in all indoor areas on campus, including the activities center and laundry facility.
- Maintain physical distancing practices: stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Practice safe habits such as hand washing and avoiding mass gatherings.
- Adhere to our “no handshake” policy.
We have created a series of Return-to-Campus guides as a resource for the IAS community to help navigate returning to IAS during the partial reopening. The guides feature more in-depth information than shown on the website, and should be consulted before coming to campus. All current and future guides may be found at this link.
- Reporting Potential Infection or Exposure to Covid-19
- General Information
- Health Screening & Travel Questionnaire
- Covid-19 Testing Locations
- Administrative Services
- Comptroller's Office
- IAS Computing
- Dining Services
- Human Resources
- Meeting Rooms and Common Spaces
- Institute Libraries
- Fuld Hall Reception Desk Services
- Building & Office Cleaning Protocols
- Face Covering Guidelines and Care Guide
- Delivery Service Options at IAS
- Restaurant Delivery Options
VISITORS TO CAMPUS
Access to campus will be restricted to the IAS community only. At this time, the Institute’s academic campus is not open to non-essential visitors, members of the public, or family members, including children. Please refer to your Use & Occupancy agreement if residing on campus for guidance on family visitors to your apartment. If you have a special circumstance, please reach out to the Covid-19 Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Jersey Travel Advisory
The State of New Jersey has issued an incoming travel advisory that all individuals entering New Jersey should self-quarantine for 14 days after leaving a state with a significant spread of Covid-19. Check New Jersey FAQs for the most up-to-date list of affected states, which is usually updated on Tuesdays.
As of Tuesday, October 27, 41 states and U.S. jurisdictions are on the list of "impacted states":
- Alabama (added 6/24/20)
- Alaska (re-added 9/1/20)
- Arizona (re-added 10/20/20)
- Arkansas (added 6/24/20)
- California (re-added 10/27/20)
- Colorado (added 9/29/20)
- Florida (added 6/24/20)
- Georgia (added 6/30/20)
- Guam (added 8/25/20)
- Idaho (added 6/30/20)
- Illinois (added 7/28/20)
- Indiana (added 7/21/20)
- Iowa (added 6/30/20)
- Kansas (added 7/7/20)
- Kentucky (added 7/28/20)
- Louisiana (added 6/30/20)
- Maryland (re-added 10/20/20)
- Massachusetts (added 10/27/20)
- Michigan (added 10/13/20)
- Minnesota (re-added 9/22/20)
- Mississippi (added 6/30/20)
- Missouri (added 7/21/20)
- Montana (re-added 9/1/20)
- Nebraska (added 7/21/20)
- Nevada (re-added 9/22/20)
- New Mexico (re-added 10/6/20)
- North Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- North Dakota (added 7/21/20)
- Ohio (re-added 10/13/20)
- Oklahoma (added 7/7/20)
- Puerto Rico (re-added 9/15/20)
- Rhode Island (re-added 9/22/20)
- South Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- South Dakota (added 8/11/20)
- Tennessee (added 6/30/20)
- Texas (added 6/24/20)
- Utah (added 6/24/20)
- Virginia (re-added 10/13/20)
- West Virginia (added 9/8/20)
- Wisconsin (added 7/14/20)
- Wyoming (added 9/22/20)
Note: Hawaii was removed 9/15/20. The Virgin Islands were removed 9/8/20. Washington was removed 8/11/20. The District of Columbia was removed on 8/4/20.
United States Travel Advisory
As of June 2, 2020, the United States is at Warning Level 3, which recommends avoiding nonessential travel, both domestically and internationally. For the latest information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website and the State of New Jersey's Covid-19 website.
At IAS, we are committed to continually monitoring this evolving situation and supporting our community. We are meeting frequently to review and update our plans and will continue to send regular announcements and update the IAS website homepage with the latest information. For further information, please consult the Return-to-Campus guides.
For any other questions related to a personal situation, please contact the IAS Covid-19 response email email@example.com.