Information on the Employment Application Process
At the Institute for Advanced Study
The Institute for Advanced Study welcomes résumés and applications for any of our posted positions. When applying for a position, please specify the position for which you are applying; we cannot accept or retain unsolicited and non-specified résumés and applications. In addition, please be advised that due to the small size of our staff and the typically large number of résumés we receive for each opening, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Résumés and cover letters can be submitted by e-mail to the designated mailbox, by fax to 609-951-4468 or by mail to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
REPORT TO: Chef/Director of Dining Services
MAJOR DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self-motivator who enjoys working as a team member.
- Responsible for managing catering orders, assist in preparation of food, room setup, delivery, food display, and clean-up.
- Perform bartending responsibilities at various functions.
- Work as a floor manager assistant /Maître D’/Sommelier for dinner and large functions.
- Serve as the back-up to the cashier, and all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Chef/Director of Dining Services.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous Experience in a quality hotel or restaurant.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation regulations strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of table service, wine and dining room floor management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Caterease, and/or Open Table.
- Must be Serve Safe certified, First Aid and AED certified, and possess fluency in English.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and ware up to 40 lb.in weight.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1169235 or by mail to: Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
SUPERVISOR: Chef/Director of Dining Services
OVERVIEW: This is a 40 hour per week position with primary daytime hours and some evenings, and most weekends off.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and set up own work station and food items, observing professional kitchen standards with use of all food and supplies as well as standard sanitation guidelines required.
- Check and prepare and set up for daily catering orders as well as evening dinners and other functions.
- Replenish all mise en place.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas during work shift.
- Maintain cleanliness of storage areas in conjunction with other Dining Services staff, utilizing proper cleaning materials and methods.
- Organize and re-stock work areas for next shift.
- Clean refrigerators, freezers, stainless counters and other equipment as necessary.
- Assist with other kitchen duties and inventory projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- High school degree or GED required; a degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred.
- Must be creative, service oriented, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds for short distances and stand through entire work shift, as well as to work in areas with high temperature and moisture levels required.
- Prior experience as a hotel or restaurant line cook preferred.
- Ability to perform all duties and operate kitchen machinery with attention to detail and safety guidelines required.
- Ability to work in a busy kitchen with speed and accuracy while maintaining cooperative relationships with co-workers and clientele required.
Interested candidates please apply to the position at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1069991 by July 24, 2015.