Information on the Employment Application Process
At the Institute for Advanced Study
The Institute for Advanced Study welcomes résumés and applications for any of our posted positions. When applying for a position, please specify the position for which you are applying; we cannot accept or retain unsolicited and non-specified résumés and applications. In addition, please be advised that due to the small size of our staff and the typically large number of résumés we receive for each opening, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Résumés and cover letters can be submitted by e-mail to the designated mailbox, by fax to 609-951-4468 or by mail to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEPARTMENT: Development and Public Affairs
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for focusing on building productive relationships with 100 prospects for whom the incumbent serves as prospect manager. The fieldwork will occur both in the New York City area and other key national markets.
- Create cultivation and solicitation for prospects, including top academics who have spent time at the Institute, local supporters, and leaders in the global financial, technology, and venture capital communities.
- Identify new prospects to ensure that the Institute’s pipeline is ever-expanding and increasingly diverse.
- Leverage resources within the Institute that enable strong engagement opportunities for prospects, while strategically aligning unique funding opportunities with donors’ interests.
- Partner with the Chief Development Officer in building a new high level Institute council to provide robust operating support and create a major gifts pipeline.
- Enhance prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship with the Development and Public Affairs team.
- Work with staff, Institute Director, Trustees, and faculty in arranging campus visits and development travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required graduate degree desirable.
- Minimum of six years of proven high end annual giving or major gifts fund raising setting with sophisticated academic and corporate prospects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively as a team member.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability, as well as excellent written and verbal skills.
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.