APS and European Physical Society to Honor IAS
In 1930, the Institute for Advanced Study was established near the grounds of Princeton University to act as the "department store for the freedom of ideas." The original and often speculative thinking that the Institute encouraged over the years made it one of the world’s elite intellectual centers, supporting over 33 Nobel Laureates and scores of medalists and winners of prestigious awards.
This year, APS teamed up with the European Physical Society (EPS) to recognize IAS for its pivotal involvement in the advancement of theoretical physics, naming IAS their inaugural joint historic physics site in the United States.
Read more at APS Physics.