Accessing and using Princeton University Library services and collections
- Hours for the various libraries: https://libcal.princeton.edu/hours
- Obtaining a Princeton University NetID is highly recommended prior to obtaining a library account. Princeton University restricts their NetIDs to Faculty, Members and official Visitors.
Princeton University Library staff have asked that if you will be requesting a Princeton NetID that you do so prior to requesting a library account and card. If you have requested a NetID, you will receive an email from the Office of Information Technology. A library account and card may be set up by visiting the access desk in the lobby of Firestone Library, Princeton's largest humanities library. Partners of Members and Faculty may now have access to the library. Princeton University does not currently require masking.
- There is an Institute room in Firestone Library, keycards may be obtained through the HS-SS Library.
- Please note that the Institute community may not use Borrow Direct or Article Express, we have our own interlibrary loan and courier services that handle these document delivery services.
- Marquand Library’s art and archaeology collections are currently available only by advanced request via the library catalog for consultation in two temporary reading rooms in Firestone Library, C Floor. Please request the materials you need and allow the staff a few days to retrieve the materials. Marquand Library's materials may be returning to campus in 2024-2025.
Please contact your Institute library staff (Historical Studies-Social Sciences, or Mathematics-Natural Sciences) for more information and the forms. tucker [at] ias.edu or emoore [at] ias.edu