Setting up Out-of-Office Messages
You can create a message that automatically replies to people who send you messages when you are out of the office. The auto-reply message is sent to each recipient only once in a specified interval of days regardless of how many messages that person sends during that period. Follow the instructions below to set up your out-of-office message:
- Open and log in to Webmail.
- From the top menu bar, select Preferences > Out of Office.
- Check Send auto-reply message.
- In the Auto Reply Message text box, type the response to send while you are out of the office.
- If you want this message enabled for a specific time frame, select Send auto-replies during the following time period and enter the start and end dates to send the auto-reply message.
- If you do not specify a specific time frame, auto-replies are sent until you select Do not send auto replies.
- (Optional) If you want to send a different message to external senders, select one of the options listed under External Senders.
- Click Save.
- Launch Outlook.
- On the top menu bar, select Zimbra > Out of Office Assistant.
- Select the option for I am currently Out of the Office.
- In the Auto-reply once to each sender with the following text: field, type the response to send while you are out of the office.
- If you want this message enabled for a specific time frame: Under Send auto-replies during this period, check the boxes next to Start and End and then configure your start and end times.
- (Optional) If you want to send a different message to external senders, select one of the options listed under External Senders and then type your intended response.
- Click OK.