Classical Text Editor
IAS has an Institutional license for Classical Text Editor (CTE) which means that scholars can purchase a license at a reduced price. If you are permenent IAS Faculty or Staff, please contact the help desk for installation. These instructions are for IAS scholars designated as Members and Visitors. You must be a current part of the Institute for Advanced Study to purchase a license under our Institutional License agreement. For information on CTE please visit the CTE web site.
Ordering the License:
- Go to http://sites.fastspring.com/stefanhagel/product/cte
- In the box titled "Institutional Licenses" replace the "0" with "1" in the box by "Classical Text Editor Additional Institutional License".
- Click "Order Now" button
- Select "Credit Card". Do not select Purchase Order.
- Click "Next" button.
- Fill out the contact information section under "Your Order". Please note that you should use your non-IAS email address for the Email Address field and your name for the "License Name" field.
- Fill in the credit card information and make changes to the billing address if necessary.
- In the section under Basic license (under "Credit Card Details") , type "STE150604-9922-95280" in the Basic Institutional License ID field.
- Click the "Complete Order" button.
- The receipt should go to the e-mail address that you used to fill out the form. Please forward your name, your affliation with the Institute for Advanced Study and a copy of the receipt to the ITG License manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have the information, we will send a basic key license executable which will allow you to create your permenent license for the software.
Installing the License:
Before using the basic license key, please make sure that you have downloaded and installed CTE version 10 from http://cte.oeaw.ac.at/?id0=download
- Exit the CTE software if it is open and running.
- Run the basic license key executable on the machine with CTE installed. You can usually run the executable by double clicking its name. The executable will ask you to fill in your non-IAS email address and submit.
- After you have completed the process, a permanent license executable will be sent to the IAS ITG license manager who will then send it to you.
- Once you receive the permenant license executable, please run it. You can usually run the executable by double clicking its name.
- Save the permenant license executable to a safe location. You may need it in the future if you need to reinstall the software.
- You are finished. If the license was installed correctly, you will not see the "Buy now" in the lower right corner when you open CTE.