Enable wireless on Mac OSX machine
To use wireless on your Mac OSX machine, you will need to make sure your machine has the appropriate wireless hardware installed.
Note: For newer machines, Wi-Fi replaces Airport. Any mention of Airport refers to Wi-Fi. All directions are otherwise identical.
Please see steps below to enable wireless on your mac osx machine.
- Click the AirPort icon in the menu bar, and select Turn Airport On.
- Select IAS to connect to the wireless network.
If you do not see the AirPort icon in the menu bar
- Go to System preferences icon from the dock.
- Click on Network icon.
- Select AirPort from the left hand side of the window.
- Check to see if the status for the AirPort is on. If it is off then click on Turn AirPort On.
- Select Join Other Network.
- Click on Show Networks and select IAS.
- Click on Join.
- Check off Show AirPort status in menu bar.
- Click on Apply.