Allowing Others to Manage your Mailbox
You can designate another person to receive and respond to your email messages and meeting requests on your behalf by adding them as a delegate. There are three levels of access you can assign to a delegate:
- Read: Allows the delegate to open and view the contents of the mailbox. Doesn't allow the delegate to send messages from the mailbox.
- Send As: Allows the delegate to send messages as if they came directly from your mailbox. There's no indication that the message was sent by the delegate.
- Send On Behalf: Allows the delegate to send messages from your mailbox. The From address of these messages clearly shows that the message was sent by the delegate. However, replies to these messages are sent to your mailbox, not to the delegate.
Note: If you forward a meeting invitation to another user, a notification is sent to the original meeting
organizer because you have now extended their invitation to a new invitee.
Adding Email Delegates
- Open and log in to Webmail.
- From the top menu bar, select Preferences > Accounts.
- In the Delegates section, click Add Delegate.
- Enter the email address of the intended user you wish to grant access to.
- Select whether you would like your delegate to be granted Send As or Send On Behalf Of permissions to your mailbox.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Configure your Delegate Send Settings as you wish by selecting an option.
- Click Save.
- Launch Outlook.
- On the top menu bar, select Zimbra > Delegates.
- Click Add.
- Search for the intended users you would like to grant access to.
- In the dialog window that appears, configure the permissions you would like to grant to your delegate(s).
- Click OK.