The School of Math Help Desk is available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.
We ask that all support requests be submitted via email to email@example.com. When submitting support requests, please try to provide as many details as possible about your specific request. For example,
- I need xyz application installed on my IAS computer so that I can do my research.
- The network printer in Building Name Floor # is jammed.
- How do I register my device on the wireless network?
Upon receipt of your support request, a member of the School of Math Help Desk will review it and respond in one of the following ways:
- The School of Math Help Desk Staff will contact you for additional information before beginning to work on the issue.
- The School of Math Help Desk Staff will be work on the issue remotely and a message will be sent to you once the issue is resolved.
- The School of Math Help Desk Staff will schedule a time with you for a TeamViewer or Zoom session.
- The School of Math Help Desk Staff will schedule a time to come to campus to work on the issue.
If you plan to use your own personal desktop computer or laptop during your time at the Institute, we ask that you install TeamViewer and Zoom on that device so that we can better assist you as necessary. TeamViewer is a fast and secure all-in-one solution for gaining access to computers and networks remotely. You can download TeamViewer here and Zoom here.
For issues that require a TeamViewer session be established, the School of Math Help Desk Staff will ask you to open TeamViewer and to provide him/her with your TeamViewer ID and Password. This information can be found on the TeamViewer main window under Allow Remote Control. Please see the image below to see where this information is located at. Since the TeamViewer password changes with each session, it is safe to send the password to the School of Math Help Desk Staff via email.
Once the School of Math Help Desk Staff member connects to your computer via TeamViewer, he/she will be able to see everything on your computer that you can see and will be able to assist you with the issue you are experiencing.
[Note: If you are using Mac OS X 10.14 or higher, you will need to grant TeamViewer access to Screen Recording, Accessibility, and Full Disk Access before the School of Math Help Desk Staff will be able to successfully interact with your computer. Please see the following webpage for additional instruction.]