How do I install Dropbox on my machine?
Note: Please also see FAQ https://www.ias.edu/math/computing/faq/sync-dropbox-folder
You can access dropbox from the Applications->Internet menu or by typing dropbox from a command prompt. The first time you run it, you should do dropbox install -i and configure the account.
- My files aren't sycing
- Try rebooting your machine
- Have you logged into your account on the Dropbox website to see if your files have synced there? Or if they have synced on your other machine(s)?
- Try right-clicking on the Dropbox icon in your toolbar. Then select Preferences. Make sure Enable LAN sync is checked off
- Dropbox help pages:
- I am getting the message "Your Dropbox folder is on a file system that is unsupported"
- Click on Move
- Navigate to /scratch/<username>, where is your username.
- Your files should now sync to/from Dropbox.
- See for more information: https://www.ias.edu/math/computing/faq/sync-dropbox-folder