Child Care Fund
**Child Care Fund for Program Participants
We are delighted to introduce the creation of a child care fund designed to support program participants. This fund has been created to cover costs of dependent child care so participants with children can more easily attend the program.
Awards from this fund may be used by recipients for dependent care while attending a School of Math program. The fund will pay up to a net (post-tax) maximum of $600. Participants may submit eligible expenses for more than one dependent.
Requests should be submitted by email or by fax to 609-924-8399 to Cindy Pearce (email@example.com) in the Human Resources Department, and must include the following:
- Name and home address of the program attendee;
- Name, age and home address of the dependent(s) receiving child care;
- A description of the dependent’s relationship to the program attendee;
- A detailed budget noting anticipated expenses that are above and beyond those normally incurred. This should include information about travel and accommodations for the dependent(s) (and possibly caregiver) if relevant to the budget, as well as a description of the planned care (the provider’s name, the provider’s relationship to the applicant, the location of the care, hourly cost, etc.)
- A completed W9 tax form filled out upon arrival on campus for the program and turned in to Human Resources (US social security number is needed to receive the money).
- At the completion of the program, in order to receive subsidy towards child care you must submit the following: If your child was enrolled in a licensed day care, please forward a copy of the contract/tuition or invoice showing payment received and paid in full. If you obtain a private babysitter, you must submit in writing the dates, hours and total amount paid for the services, along with the providers name and signature as well as a front and back copy of the cancelled check.
Please note this type of funding is considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Funding will be provided to participants directly from the Institute for Advanced Study.
Questions may be addressed to Cindy Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 609-734-8245.