Peanut Butter Crispy Bar
Makes one 13" x 9" baking sheet.
- 3/4 Cup of water
- 3/4 Cup light corn syrup
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- 6 oz. Unsalted butter
- 16 oz. Peanut butter
- 8 oz. Rice Krispies cereal
- 16 oz. Nutella
- 16 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine water, corn syrup, and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is melted, and boil until it reaches 240 °F (check with a thermometer).
- Turn off heat, whisk in the melted butter and the peanut butter.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies.
- Spread evenly into the buttered pan and let it cool off.
- Combine the chocolate and the Nutella in a glass bowl, melt in a microwave on low heat or on a double boiler, stirring often.
- Spread over the cooled-off Rice Krispies, spread evenly.
- Chill for one hour.
- Cut into squares or desired shape.