- 2 lb. Vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Seedless cucumber
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 3 oz. Olive oil
- 2 oz. Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 oz. Cold water
- 5 oz. White bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumbers;
Cut the bell pepper and remove seeds;
Cut tomatoes in quarters.
- Soak the bread with the vinegar and cold water.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients—but not the olive oil—and blend until smooth.
- Add the olive oil (slowly).
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add water, if too thick, and refrigerate.
Serve in an ice cold soup bowl or in a martini glass.
Cut in very small cubes: cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper, red onions, and croutons. And sprinkle on top of the soup.
There are many variations of gazpacho; this is an original recipe from Yann.