Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the registration fee/housing cost for PiTP?
No registration fee is required for PiTP 2024.
Non-local participants will receive accommodations and meals at the subsidized cost of $670 for graduate students and $800 for postdoctoral participants. (The housing payment will go through Eventbrite which does charge a fee, $47 and $55 respectively.) This cost will provide participants with 12 days of housing on the IAS campus (July 8-19) as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner at IAS on program days. PiTP will end after lunch on Friday, July 19. Participants are responsible for their travel expenses.
Local participants (those who do not need housing accommodations) can opt to bring their own lunch or pay for lunch as they go. Breakfast and dinner are only available for participants in IAS housing. All participants may join special events for free.
2. Do I have to attend PiTP in its entirety?
Yes, participants are expected to attend the full two weeks of the program. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis, but a price adjustment is not guaranteed.
1. Can I get a refund on my housing payment if I am unable to get a visa?
Yes. We will refund your housing payment if you are unable to get a visa as long as you cancel no later than two weeks (Sunday, June 23, 2024) before the start of the program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this.
2. What accommodations are provided?
Participants will be housed in apartments on the IAS campus. The apartments will be shared by two to three participants, with each participant having their own private bedroom. The apartments will have a shared common space, kitchenette, and bathrooms. Apartments are air conditioned.
3. I am arriving before the program start date, leaving after the end date, or planning to travel with a partner/spouse/child - can I extend my stay or may they stay with me?
Additional nights are not available and guests are not permitted. Program housing will be available from the afternoon of Sunday, July 7 through the last night, Thursday, July 18. Check out will be on the morning of Friday, July 19. More details regarding check in and check out will be given to participants closer to the program.
- If you are staying for PCCM (July 22-26) housing is on the IAS campus and registration is here.
- If you should need to find additional accommodations, please see a list of various local options here.
1. Where can I find tips for how to get to Princeton, New Jersey, USA?
You can view our travel information under Transportation to and from IAS on the IAS Transportation Page.
2. I need to apply for a visa. Do you have any helpful information?
3. Will I need a car to get to the Institute for Advanced Study campus from housing?
IAS program housing is located across the street from the center of our campus. If you plan on driving to IAS, there will be a designated parking lot where you can park your car for the duration of the program. If you are a commuter or auditor staying in nearby lodging, it will depend on how far away your hotel is from the Institute campus. You will not need a parking pass to park daily at the Institute.
4. I am not staying in the IAS accommodations, am arriving early or leaving after the program has completed. Do you have any recommendations for nearby lodging?
There are a number of nearby hotels and lodging options that may be suitable for participants who are interested in either arranging their own accommodations or need additional accommodations due to travel dates.