Apply to the 2023 Workshop on Rehumanizing Mathematics
Application to 2023 Workshop on Rehumanizing Mathematics
— APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to February 3, 2023
- Is this program right for you? Description and prerequisites.
- Application procedure. Guidelines & requirements.
- You’re ready to apply. Link to WRM application.
The Workshop on Rehumanizing Mathematics (WRM) will be held July 16-29, 2023, during the first two weeks of the PCMI Summer Session. The Workshop will focus on issues related to increasing participation of underrepresented groups and women in the mathematical sciences. Ideal participants will include mathematicians, mathematics teachers, and mathematics education professors who have a specific project upon which they would like to focus. For example, you may have in mind a course you would like to alter in some way; a new initiative to launch; a summer camp or bridge program; a professional development or teaching activity to update; or simply a new way to think of assessments or evaluations. By the end of the session, you will leave with a more developed action plan and feedback from others so you can put your best foot forward in your future work.
Those who are invited to participate in the Workshop receive the following support from PCMI: travel allowance up to $600 for travel scheduled through the PCMI travel agent; private lodging for the duration of the workshop; breakfast and lunch on weekdays, the opening reception on July 17, and casual suppers TBD. WRM participants who are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident receive a stipend of $500. (Due to National Science Foundation rules, Workshop participants must meet one of these criteria to be eligible for a stipend.)
PCMI is using the web service MathPrograms.Org to receive and review applications for the 2023 PCMI Summer Session. See below for the link to the WRM application at MathPrograms.Org. Deadline for submission of applications is February 3, 2023. Supplemental materials must be received by PCMI by the application deadline—incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee. You will receive a decision by March 30. (Late applications may be considered at the discretion of the program organizers, but may receive lower priority for acceptance.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Guidelines & Requirements
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete applications will not be viewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online using the web service MathPrograms.Org. Be sure that you use only the link below to apply. If you do not have an account at MathPrograms.Org, you will login by filling in your email address and chosen password and the checkbox “this is my first login.” If you have a MathPrograms.Org account but are using a new email address, there is no need to create a new account; just login using the old email, and switch to the new email. Your login will take you to your My Portfolio page, where all of your application materials are stored.
- Your first step is to complete a Standard Coversheet for MathPrograms.Org. After you have created a Standard Coversheet you can then apply to the PCMI Workshop on Rehumanizing Mathematics.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): Applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
YOU’RE READY TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
- Do not apply before reading the Guidelines & Requirements above.
- Then click APPLY NOW below to begin your application process.
The submission of your application is successful only if you see the "Thank you for your application" screen right after you click the Apply button at the bottom of the application form
You may want to bookmark the login page for your MathPrograms.Org account so you can periodically check the status of your application.
Questions? Problems? EMAIL PCMI staff and we will try to help.