Apply to the 2023 Undergraduate Faculty Program
Application to 2023 Undergraduate Faculty Program
— APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2023
Is this program right for you? Program description.
- Application procedure. Guidelines & requirements.
- You’re ready to apply. Link to UFP application.
For faculty members whose main focus is teaching undergraduate students, the Undergraduate Faculty Program at PCMI offers the opportunity to renew excitement about mathematics, talk with peers about new teaching approaches, address some challenging research questions, and interact with the broader mathematical community.
PCMI is using the web service MathPrograms.Org to receive and review applications for the 2023 PCMI Summer Session. See below for the link to the UFP application at MathPrograms.Org. Deadline for submission of applications is January 31, 2023. Supplemental materials (such as the required curriculum vitae) must be received by January 31, 2023—incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee. You will receive a decision by March 15. Financial support is available—see the Financial Support section of the application.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Guidelines & Requirements
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete applications will not be viewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online using the web service MathPrograms.Org. Be sure that you use only the link below to apply. If you do not have an account at MathPrograms.Org, you will login by filling in your email address and chosen password and the checkbox “this is my first login.” If you have a MathPrograms.Org account but are using a new email address, there is no need to create a new account; just login using the old email, and switch to the new email. Your login will take you to your My Portfolio page, where all of your application materials are stored.
- Your first step is to complete a Standard Coversheet for MathPrograms.Org. After you have created a Standard Coversheet you can then apply to the PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): Applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Submitting a letter of reference is OPTIONAL. If you want to submit a letter of reference, then your Standard Coversheet should include the name and email address of your reference writer, and on the application, fill in the checkbox for your reference writer from the name/s you entered on your Standard Coversheet, then click on the green arrow next to the reference writer's name so the writer will receive your reference request by email. Your reference writer will then receive login info and upload instructions to come to the MathPrograms.org site to upload a reference letter. If any of your references do not have access to a computer, they may submit the reference letter by mail no later than January 31, 2023. You are advised to let your reference writer know about your request so the email reference request will not be deleted as spam.
- Provide an Abstract and/or Reference Pages for your Preprint (OPTIONAL): Abstracts and reference pages can be uploaded during the online application process.
YOU’RE READY TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM …
- Do not apply before reading the Guidelines & Requirements above.
- If you choose to submit a reference letter, have the name and email address of your reference ready.
- Then click APPLY NOW below to begin your application process.
The submission of your application is successful only if you see the "Thank you for your application" screen right after you click the Apply button at the bottom of the application form
We recommend that you log in to your MathPrograms.Org account periodically and check your Status screen to make sure your application is complete or to update it (for example, to replace your CV or to send an email request to a reference writer). You may wish to bookmark the login page for that reason.
Questions? Problems? EMAIL PCMI staff and we will try to help.