- About the Institute
- Special Programs & Outreach
- Administration & Resources
- News & Events
- Support the Institute
Information on the Employment Application Process
At the Institute for Advanced Study
The Institute for Advanced Study welcomes résumés and applications for any of our posted positions. When applying for a position, please specify the position for which you are applying; we cannot accept or retain unsolicited and non-specified résumés and applications. In addition, please be advised that due to the small size of our staff and the typically large number of résumés we receive for each opening, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Résumés and cover letters can be submitted by e-mail to the designated mailbox, by fax to 609-951-4468 or by mail to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Group
SUPERVISOR: Computer Manager – ITG
OVERVIEW: The Computing Support Specialist is responsible for assisting faculty, members and
staff with computing issues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide computing support to faculty, members and staff.
- Install, configure, and maintain Institute-owned computer hardware and software used by faculty, members and staff.
- Coordinate equipment repairs as well as software fixes with outside vendors when necessary.
- Make entries into the ticket tracking system.
- Coordinate equipment life cycle and donation program.
- Provide computing support and advice to users with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience supporting computer users in an academic environment is strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge in supporting Windows 7 and Mac OS X systems is required.
- Solid experience supporting major applications in the Microsoft Office suite and general Internet tools is required. Linux client support experience is a plus. Knowledge in video, graphics or audio tools is a plus.
- Certifications in desktop support, Microsoft Office Suite applications, or Adobe Creative Suite applications are preferred. Knowledge of computing tools used by scholars in the humanities and social sciences is a plus.
- Knowledge of networking essentials is required.
- Exposure to a wide range of applications and devices is preferred. Experience with a programming language is preferred.
- Ability to lift forty pounds and move computer equipment short distances as well as valid driver’s license are required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.