- About the Institute
- Special Programs & Outreach
- Administration & Resources
- News & Events
- Support the Institute
Information on the Employment Application Process
At the Institute for Advanced Study
The Institute for Advanced Study welcomes résumés and applications for any of our posted positions. When applying for a position, please specify the position for which you are applying; we cannot accept or retain unsolicited and non-specified résumés and applications. In addition, please be advised that due to the small size of our staff and the typically large number of résumés we receive for each opening, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Résumés and cover letters can be submitted by e-mail to the designated mailbox, by fax to 609-951-4468 or by mail to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervisor: Chief Investment Officer
Position Summary: Responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Investment Officer and the Investment Office
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain electronic database and paper-based filing system housing all relevant IAS endowment information. This includes lists of investments, monthly returns, current and prospective manager information, manager newsletters, minutes from manager meetings, and all relevant documents.
- Transcribe notes from ongoing manager meetings, tracking and managing flow of reports and other materials from managers.
- Work with Comptroller’s Office staff to track cash flows, capital calls, and manager redemptions related to the investment activities of the endowment.
- Gather all relevant documentation for audit processes.
- Assist in creation and editing of presentations, memos and reports.
- Support the operation of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees, including scheduling and the preparation of all meeting materials.
- Provide all general administrative support including calendar management, mail, faxes, and phone calls for the Investment Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, and prior experience working in an investment office and/or the finance industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with document management systems a plus.
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supervisor: Manager of Administrative Services
Position Summary: The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness in and around the Institute, with particular emphasis on the Director’s residence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweeps and mops all assigned areas, following standard procedures and work schedules.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture and fixtures in assigned work areas.
- Washes, irons and sews linens, draperies and any other items, as assigned or as necessary.
- Food shopping responsibilities for the Director’s residence, including running errands to area stores and vendors as needed.
- Providing a safe and clean environment for occupants of facility.
Director’s Residence Event Support
- Preparation of Olden Farm for events, including clearing kitchen counters, mud room, coat closets, refrigerator space, etc.
- Assists with the preparation of food, setting up, breaking down, and serving of food for special events, as assigned or as necessary.
- Oversee vendor deliveries for events, including party rentals, floral arrangements, items from the Dining Hall, etc.
- Ensure proper set up of Olden Farm for events by Maintenance staff, particularly when furniture or household items are moved.
- In conjunction with the Special Events Officer, communicate Olden Farm event schedule with the Director and other residents, as needed.
- Assist with monitoring events at Olden Farm as needed (Friends Holiday Party, Board of Trustee Events, etc.)
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform additional job duties as assigned.
- Preferred candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, with previous housekeeping experience.
- The ability to communicate clearly in English.
- The ability to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions while working independently
- Drivers’ license is required.
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail an application to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540. Applications may also be faxed to 609-951-4468.
You can print out an application here: IAS Employment Application. (NOTE: Applications must be printed out, completed and mailed or faxed. It cannot be submitted electronically.)