Information on the Employment Application Process
At the Institute for Advanced Study
The Institute for Advanced Study welcomes résumés and applications for any of our posted positions. When applying for a position, please specify the position for which you are applying; we cannot accept or retain unsolicited and non-specified résumés and applications. In addition, please be advised that due to the small size of our staff and the typically large number of résumés we receive for each opening, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Résumés and cover letters can be submitted by e-mail to the designated mailbox, by fax to 609-951-4468 or by mail to Human Resources, Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: System Administrator
SUPERVISOR: Computer Manager, Information Technology Group
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, management, monitoring and support of all Linux (RHEL5/6-based) servers managed by ITG, including application, mail, web and LDAP servers.
- Responsible for administration of Puppet, vSphere infrastructure, Zimbra Communications Suite, and Nagios.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Mac OS X desktop image and automating application updates.
- Manages daily and monthly workflows such as server patching and backups.
- Provides support to other team members and participate in campus computing projects.
- Provides system automation, scripting and modification as needed.
- Provides on-call IT support during weekends and/or holiday breaks on a rotational basis with other staff members.
- May perform additional job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent academic experience is required
- Minimum of four years of work experience with RedHat Linux administration is required.
- Work experience with LDAP, Puppet, enterprise mail systems, vSphere and Mac OS is required.
- Experience with Windows System administration is preferred.
- Experience using JAMF Casper Suite for deploying and maintaining Mac OS X desktop systems is preferred.
- Zimbra, Nagios, Apache, MySQL and NetApp skills are preferred.
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to ITGsysadmin@ias.edu.