This document will guide you through the installation process of OpenVPN for Android. For other opterating systems, visit here.
Remote access requires the use of Multi-Factor Authentication. If you haven't set this up for your IAS account, please see our information page or contact the Computing Helpdesk for DuoSecurity before continuing.
1. With Chrome, browse to https://openvpn.ias.edu
2. Login with your IAS username and password, then press "Go"
3. Select "OpenVPN Connect for Android"
4. You will be brought to the Google Play Store to the OpenVPN Connect app. Install the application.
5. Go back to https://openvpn.ias.edu and under "Connection profiles can be downloaded for" click on the "Yourself (user-locked profile)" button.
6. Open the OpenVPN app and press the "OVPN Profile" button. Allow OpenVPN Connect to access photos, media, and files on your device.
7. When prompted to import a .ovpn profile, select "OK"
8. You will be brought to the Imported Profile page. Verify the information on the page, then press "Add" in the top-right corner of the app.
9. You will be brought to OVPN Profiles. You should see the profile you just imported from the .ovpn file. To connect to the VPN, click the slider button on the left side of your OpenVPN profile.
10. In the "Enter password" prompt, enter your IAS password and press "OK"
11. After you've entered your password, you will receive a Connection request. Read the message and then select "OK" to connect to the VPN