How to Change Network Account Passwords in Windows
The Network password:
The Network password is the password that you use to logon to our domain from your Windows 7 computer. It is also the password you use to retrieve your mail from the Network mail server using programs such as Zimbra, Outlook, Thunderbird.
Choosing a Password:
Please use the following rules and suggestions for maximum effectiveness.
- Change your password at least twice a year.
- It should have a minimum of 8 alphanumeric and special characters.
- It should contain at least three of the four types of characters - uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters. Be creative, but also choose a password that you can remember!
- It should not include your username, first or last name or your spouse's name. Also, do not use dictionary terms, computer names, house addresses, phone numbers or all numbers.
- Some examples would be:
- Do not lend your password to other individuals. The potential for abuse is too great if others know your password.
Please follow the instructions below to change your Network Account password using your IAS office Windows computer:
- Close all running programs and press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously.
- Click the Change a password option.
- Type your current password, and your new password, twice, in the the listed boxes.
- Click the arrow button or press Enter. You should see a confirmation message.
- Log off your computer and log back in to try the new password.