- About the Institute
- Special Programs & Outreach
- Administration & Resources
- News & Events
- Support the Institute
Medical Care Information
Medical and Dental Care Referral
We encourage you to establish a relationship with a physician and a dentist in the Princeton area before you need their services in an emergency. Many physicians and dentists in the community have a heavy patient load and may be unable or unwilling to treat you unless they have already seen you in a non-emergency situation.
The Institute's Human Resources Office prepared a list of physicians and dentists frequented by individuals in the Institute community. This list may be helpful when choosing medical care. You may obtain a copy from Beatrice Jessen (, ext. 8243) or on-line at Area Health Care Providers. It is recommended that you become familiar with the provisions of your plan before medical services may be needed. Beatrice Jessen is available to answer your questions concerning your chosen IAS Aetna health insurance plan.
Urgent Care Information
Below please find options available if a medical condition arises that is not a true emergency yet urgently needs medical attention.
1. University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Occupational Health office Contact Human Resources, ext. 8243 or 8245, between 8am and 2pm if you would like to be seen at the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Occupational Health office. Bear in mind that they do not deal with any insurance companies. They will only see individuals over the age of 18. You will be responsible for payment at the time of services and they will issue a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company if your plan is such that it will reimburse out of network providers. Please see the following link for further information and a schedule of fees: Urgent Care at University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Occupational Health office. For transportation options to the new Medical Center including Tiger Transit bus information see the Greater Mercer TMA website page University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Transportation Options or Transportation Services.
2. Princeton Primary and Urgent Care Center is located at 707 Alexander Road, Princeton (on the other side of Route 1). Their telephone number is (609) 919-0009. Their hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday, 9am to 12 noon. Further information about this practice, directions and the insurances they accept may be found on their website: www.ppucc.com. An initial exam without insurance is $150. They do not see children. For anyone enrolled in an insurance plan through IAS, they do accept Aetna.
3. Minute Clinic at CVS Princeton State Hwy. 206 or CVS Plainsboro located inside CVS/pharmacy #5871, 881 State Highway 206, Princeton, NJ 08540, 609-683-3680 or CVS/pharmacy #817, 4 Schalks Crossing Rd, Plainsboro, NJ, 08536, 609-275-9312. Clinic Hours:Mon – Fri 8:30am to 7:30pm, Sat 9am to 5:30pm, Sun 9am to 4:30pm. MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants who provide treatment for common family illnesses and injuries, administer vaccinations, conduct physicals and wellness screenings, and offer monitoring for chronic conditions. Patients are responsible for either their insurance co-pay or the price listed on the Minute Clinic menu of fees. If you’re insured, please contact your insurance company before your visit to verify coverage. Minute clinic will accept cash, checks and credit cards and will see adults and children. For more information and directions see: http://www.minuteclinic.com/about/. Please note that last patient sign-in at the registration kiosk is 15 minutes prior to the clinic closing, to allow time for the last clinical visit. Minute Clinic will stop accepting new sign-ins earlier if the number of patients registered and waiting extends past the clinic closing time. (Practitioners take a daily required lunch break from approximately 2 to 3pm Mon – Fri and 1 to 1:30pm Sat – Sun.)
4. St. Peter’s Urgent Care Center located at1378 Route 206, Suite 11, Skillman, NJ in the Village Shopper III Shopping Center, telephone (609) 497-4597. No appointment is necessary and their hours are 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm Weekends and Holidays. They accept most insurances and major credit cards and will see children and adults. Please contact them to find out if they accept your insurance plan. They do accept the IAS Aetna plans. For a visit without insurance, the charge is $125 for the initial exam up to a max of $250 which would include some lab work. For further information and directions see: http://www.saintpetershcs.com/urgentcare/. There is a NJ Transit bus # 605 which goes to the Montgomery Shopping Center from the Princeton Railroad Station. Please see the schedule for times: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0605.pdf
5. Doctors Express located at 2222 Route 33, Hamilton Shops, Hamilton, NJ 08690, telephone (609) 890-4100. No appointment is necessary and their hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday & Sunday, 9am to 6pm. For directions and further information see www.doctorsexpress.com/hamilton. They accept most insurances and major credit cards, please contact them to find out if they accept your insurance plan. An exam without insurance is $115. They will see adults and children.